The Norhurst Division of Project and Program Management Services (DPMS) is anchored with seasoned Certified Project Managers who implement practical application experience in the modern business world. All of our Project Managers hold two or more of the following certifications:
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
Project Management Professional (PMP)®
Program Management Professional (PgMP)®
PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)SM
PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)®
PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)®
Project and Program Management
There are a number of approaches to managing a project including “Agile,” “Incremental,” “Interactive,” and “Phased” approaches. The Norhurst DPMS team has developed their own proprietary methodology to assist your organization in effectively managing a single, incremental, or multi phased project. This methodology offers managed flexibility to ensure success for any type of project.
Our Project Management Solution begins with an “On-Site” meeting to ensure all aspects of the project are discussed in detail. This initial meeting with your organizations is phase 1 of our seven step methodology which is designed to ensure the project remains focus driven:
1. Define the Project – Ensure our team understands the circumstances relating to the need for this project and expectations (end-state) of your organization.
2. We Advise You Decide – Make recommendations to your Business Leaders relating to the realistic parameters, process, application, and deliverables of the project.
3. Define Key Deliverables – Accurate and complete project deliverables must be identified and confirmed prior to the development of a project plan. The deliverables should be work-flowed to ensure they successfully meet the needs of the project. By defining complete and effective project deliverables, Business Leaders can reduce project costs due to over-run and “Scope Creep”.
4. Develop Plan of Action and Milestones – Develop, coordinate, and confirm an “Honest” plan of action for the project with attainable Milestones. It is vital the Business Owners understand and approve all details of the project plan. This will negate incremental efforts and financial loss that may have resulted due to the lack of a focused and well developed plan.
5. Determine Roles and Responsibilities – Daily operations and project management will be conducted by the Project Leads. A detailed Project Status-Summary Report (PSR) will be provided to your organization business leaders every week. In addition, any issues will be specifically addressed and tracked separately on an Issue Resolution-Summary Report (IRR).
6. Training – The scope of the project will determine the updated business process and/or new systems to be implemented. Effective training must be delivered to employees that documents new processes in detail and Keys on “Ease of Use” for the new users. Training must then be reinforced thru practical application. Our team ensures training documentation is provided to your teams so that a “Train the Trainer” methodology may be employed to future end users.
7. “Go Live” Support – Key members of our project teams will remain available to your organization after “Go Live”. We understand it is necessary that the same team members who completed the project are available to support their efforts. Norhurst ensures each team remains available to your organization after “Go Live”.
Project Over-Site Management
Norhurst offers an unbiased third party management service that allows your organization to audit your current progress to assess and monitor your projects current status. Our team offers an independent view of your project to help reduce the risk of project failure, cost over-runs, and schedule delays. This solution provides your business leaders with an unbiased “Risk Assessment” to ensure the success of your project.
The management of these two services is very often different, and as such requires the development of distinct management strategies and technical skills. Regardless of which solution we are implementing, our Project Managers primary responsibilities are to ensure your project objectives are achieved while meeting the established time line and project cost.